Ginger Molasses Cookies
Yield: 1 to 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Sweet and spicy, these gluten-free ginger molasses cookies are a special treat!
- 1/4 cup molasses Add to list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey Add to list
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour, plus extra for dusting Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat molasses in a saucepan over medium heat until runny. Stir in maple syrup or honey and coconut oil; remove from the heat.
In a bowl, stir together almond flour, ground ginger, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until fully blended. Fold in crystallized ginger. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Flour a working surface and rolling pin. Roll cookie dough out until about 1/4-inch-thick. Cut with desired shaped cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Each of 18 cookies: 90 cal, 6g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 55mg sodium, 8g carb, 1g fiber, 2g protein