Sausage and cabbage are a classic combination. In this recipe, we use vegetarian breakfast links.
- 1 package vegetarian breakfast links Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1 head cabbage, chopped Add to list
- 3 Braeburn, Granny Smith or other variety apples, unpeeled and coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Seasoned rice vinegar Add to list
In a large skillet, brown links in olive oil and set aside. In the same skillet, add water, cabbage, apples and caraway seeds. Cover tightly and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
While cabbage is cooking, cut links into bite-sized pieces, then toss with cabbage and apple mixture. Add salt and pepper and a dash of seasoned rice vinegar.
Recipe by, former PCC staff