Garlicky Green Beans and Shrimp
Fresh, tender green beans are cooked with plenty of garlic and ginger and tossed with shrimp, for a quick and easy meal.
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil (sesame, canola or grape seed) Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed into 2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp Add to list
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth Add to list
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- Sesame seeds, to garnish Add to list
Heat a wok or large cast iron skillet over high heat and add oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Mix in green beans and shrimp. Pour in broth, cover and steam until beans are tender and shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Uncover the pan and add oyster sauce, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Cook until heated through and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Each serving: 240 cal, 9g fat (1.5g sat), 170mg chol, 450mg sodium, 13g carb, 4g fiber, 26g protein