Garbanzo Salad with Herbed Yogurt Dressing
Serves: 6 to 8
The density of garbanzos is pleasant whether they’re served hot, cold or at room temperature. This easy recipe is a high-protein substitute for potato salad.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans Add to list
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions Add to list
Mix together yogurt, parsley, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Combine garbanzos, cucumber and red onions in a large bowl. Fold in yogurt dressing. Adjust seasoning to taste.
If you're going to cook garbanzos from scratch, try the smaller, nuttier-tasting Pedrosillano bean from our bulk department. It's a nice counterpoint to the tangy dressing.
Recipe by, PCC Chef