Garbanzo Bean and Cauliflower Curry
A flavorful spice blend is balanced by coconut milk and fresh cilantro. This sauce is a delectable coating for the textures of cauliflower and garbanzos.
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 onion, chopped Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans Add to list
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can light coconut milk Add to list
- 5 ounces baby spinach Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice Add to list
- Plain yogurt, for serving Add to list
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, fennel seeds and turmeric; cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add garbanzo beans and cauliflower; season with salt and pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes with their juices and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes; fold in spinach. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Serve hot over cooked basmati rice with a dollop of yogurt.
We suggest Pedrosillano café garbanzos in this recipe, which are available in our bulk department. It works just fine with canned, drained beans, too.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »