Fruit Crisp with Cinnamon Crème Fraîche
Serves: 8 to 10
Instead of whipped cream, try this sweet and tangy topping on the fresh fruit crisp.
- 3 to 4 cups chopped fruit, such as peaches or nectarines Add to list
- 1 cup seasonal berries Add to list
- 1/4 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 1 cup flour Add to list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, divided Add to list
- 1 cup crème frâiche Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
To make filling, mix fruits with white sugar, lemon juice and zest, and pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish
To make topping, stir oats, flour, butter and 1 cup brown sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle over fruit in baking dish and bake at 400° F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Combine crème fraîche, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, Grand Marnier and cinnamon; chill. Add a dollop on top of each crisp serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef