Fruit Crisp with Cinnamon Crème Fraîche
Serves: 8 to 10
- 3 to 4 cups chopped fruit, such as peaches or nectarines Add to list
- 1 cup seasonal berries Add to list
- 1/4 cup sugar Add to list
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 1 cup flour Add to list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
Cinnamon Crème Fraîche
To make filling, mix the fruits together with the sugar, lemon juice and zest, and pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish
To make topping, stir oats, flour, butter and 1 cup brown sugar together in a bowl. Sprinkle over fruit in baking dish and bake at 400° F for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
For Cinnamon Crème Fraîche
Combine ingredients and chill. Add a dollop on top of each crisp serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.