Frozen Raspberry Cashew Cream Cake
Serves: 8 to 10
An alternative to cheesecake, this luscious dessert is both vegan and raw.
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained Add to list
- 2 cups raw walnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water at least 4 hours or overnight and drained Add to list
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- Water, as needed Add to list
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus additional for garnish Add to list
Place dates, walnuts, coconut and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is fairly fine and uniform. When a small amount of the mixture is pinched between the fingers and sticks together, it is ready to form the crust. Press crust mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform or pie pan, making sure the edges are well packed. Rinse the food processor well.
Place cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest in the food processor. Blend until very smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to help with the blending process.
Pour about 2/3 of cashew mixture on top of crust and smooth the surface. Add raspberries to remaining filling and blend until smooth. Pour raspberry mixture on top of the first layer.
Freeze cake until firm, 2 to 4 hours. Allow to warm up for 30 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
Each serving: 490 cal, 39g fat (11g sat), 0mg chol, 70mg sodium, 34g carb, 5g fiber, 19g sugar, 9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef