Fritelle di Zucchini (Zucchini Fritters)
Serves: 4 to 6
From the Italian for pumpkin (zucca), zucchini are the quintessential Northwest late summer squash. Easy to grow and passed from neighbor to neighbor, zucchini are versatile in so many dishes. Try this tasty recipe with your homegrown or purchased zucchini.
- 1 pound zucchini, shredded and drained about 30 minutes Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unbleached flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup lightly packed, grated Pecorino Romano cheese Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup canola oil Add to list
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the oil.
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Drop a large spoonful of the batter into the hot oil. Slightly flatten with a spoon; do not overcrowd the pan. Cook about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately for crispy fritters.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor