Fresh Tomatillo Salsa (Salsa Verde)
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 12 tomatillos, papery skins removed Add to list
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped Add to list
- 2 jalapeño chiles (you may substitute 4 serrano chiles) seeded and coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano Add to list
- Salt to taste Add to list
Place the tomatillos in boiling water and cook until they are khaki colored and quite soft. Drain them and transfer to a food processor or blender. Add the remaining ingredients and purée until fairly smooth.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on August 15, 2009.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.