Fresh Tomatillo Salsa (Salsa Verde)
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
- 12 tomatillos, papery skins removed Add to list
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped Add to list
- 2 jalapeño pepeprs (you may substitute 4 serrano chiles), seeded and coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
Place tomatillos in boiling water and cook until they are khaki colored and quite soft. Drain and transfer to a food processor or blender.
Add remaining ingredients and purée until fairly smooth.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on August 15, 2009.