Fresh Strawberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
Yield: 12 to 14 muffins
These are wonderful served warm with cream cheese spread.
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided Add to list
- 1 cup sugar, divided Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavored oil or melted butter Add to list
- 1 heaping cup chopped strawberries Add to list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together 1 3/4 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg and oil or melted butter. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Fold in strawberries.
In a small bowl, use a fork to stir together 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 tablespoon melted butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Spoon batter into muffin cups until 3/4 full then sprinkle streusel topping over each one. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Each muffin: 200 cal, 8g fat (1.5g sat), 20mg chol, 180mg sodium, 31g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein