PCC Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad
This is the perfect summer evening treat — the sweetness of fresh, local tomatoes are at their peak in August, so make the most of them with simple preparations. Round out your meal with grilled chicken or fish, a hearty, crusty bread and a light red wine or lightly chilled Chardonnay.
- 1 pound Roma or organic cherry tomatoes (various shapes and colors) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- Coarse cracked black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella balls (2 ounce or 3 ounce balls of Bocancini or Ovalini) Add to list
Rinse tomatoes. If using Roma tomatoes, quarter them lengthwise. If using cherry tomatoes, remove the stems.
Mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and black pepper in a small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
Toss mozzarella and tomatoes with the dressing and chill, covered, for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Each serving: 320 cal, 24g fat (9g sat), 50mg chol, 510mg sodium, 7g carb, 1g fiber, 19g protein
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!