Fresh Fruit Galette
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 unbaked pie crust, chilled Add to list
- 2 fresh peaches — peeled, pitted and sliced (or you may use any favorite seasonal fruits such as apricots, plums or pears to equal roughly 1 1/2 to 2 cups fruit) Add to list
- 1 cup fresh berries Add to list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Add to list
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar for sprinkling over the edge of the crust Add to list
Preheat oven to 450º F.
Lay out pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a baking stone.
Mix together the sliced fruit, berries, flour, cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Pour over the pie crust leaving a 1-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats.
Lightly brush pie crust with beaten egg, then sprinkle the crust and fruit filling with raw sugar.
Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Each of 8 servings: 180 cal, 9g fat (2.5g sat), 25mg chol, 110mg sodium, 23g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »