Fresh Fruit Galette
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 refrigerated piecrust Add to list
- 2 fresh plums, peeled, pitted and sliced (or you may use any favorite seasonal fruits such as apricots, peaches or pears to equal roughly 1 1/2 to 2 cups fruit) Add to list
- 1 cup fresh berries Add to list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 cup natural sugar Add to list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Add to list
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar for sprinkling over the edge of the crust Add to list
Preheat oven to 450º F.
Lay out piecrust on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a baking stone.
Mix together the sliced fruit and berries, flour, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Pour over the piecrust leaving a 1-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats.
Lightly brush piecrust with beaten egg, then sprinkle the crust and fruit filling with raw sugar.
Bake in preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Each serving: 220 cal, 9g fat (3.5g sat), 30mg chol, 170mg sodium, 32g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor