Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Red Peppers, Zucchini and Prawns
A simple and fresh pasta dish, perfect for warm spring evenings.
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine Add to list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 pound medium-large prawns, shelled and deveined Add to list
- 6 ounces asparagus, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste Add to list
Boil a large pot of water for pasta (try to have cooked pasta ready at the same time as the vegetables). Drain pasta and save 1 cup of cooking water.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and prawns. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until prawns change color. Remove prawns, and add remaining olive oil, asparagus and garlic. Toss for 30 seconds. Add red bell pepper and zucchini. Stir together and cook for 2 minutes. Add prawns and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Toss vegetables, prawns and pasta together, adding Parmigiano-Reggiano to taste and cooking water as needed.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor