Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Red Peppers, Zucchini and Prawns
A simple and fresh pasta dish, perfect for warm spring evenings.
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine Add to list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1 pound medium-large prawns, shelled and deveined Add to list
- 6 ounces asparagus, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste Add to list
Boil a large pot of water for pasta (try to have cooked pasta ready at the same time as the vegetables). Drain pasta and save 1 cup cooking water.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and prawns. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until prawns change color. Remove prawns, and add remaining olive oil, asparagus and garlic. Toss for 30 seconds. Add peppers and zucchini. Stir together and cook for 2 minutes. Add prawns and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Toss vegetables, prawns and pasta together, adding cheese to taste and cooking water as needed.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor