Fresh Fettuccine with Asparagus, Red Peppers, Zucchini and Prawns
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound medium-large prawns, shelled and deveined Add to list
- 6 ounces asparagus, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, julienned into 1 1/2-inch pieces Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine Add to list
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste Add to list
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the prawns. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until the prawns change color. Remove prawns, add the remaining olive oil, then asparagus and garlic. Toss for 30 seconds. Add red bell pepper, toss and add zucchini. Stir together and cook for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Boil a large pot of water for pasta (try to have cooked pasta ready at the same time as the vegetables). Drain pasta and save 1 cup of cooking water.
Toss vegetables, prawns and pasta together, adding Parmigiano Reggiano to taste and cooking water as needed.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor