Fresh Blueberry Trifle
Serves: 6 to 8
A trifle is an English dessert, often layered with custard, fruit and cake.
- 2 cups cubed pound cake or use your favorite flavor cake Add to list
- 1/4 cup brandy or Grand Marnier Add to list
- 2 pints fresh blueberries Add to list
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced Add to list
- 1 cup natural cane sugar, divided Add to list
- 2 cups custard or vanilla pudding Add to list
- 1 cup whipping cream Add to list
Layer half the cake cubes in a clear bowl and drizzle with half the brandy. Combine blueberries and strawberries with 3/4 cup sugar and sprinkle half the fruit over cake. Top with half the custard or vanilla pudding. Repeat the layers with cake, brandy, blueberries, strawberries and custard.
Whip cream with 1/4 cup sugar. Spread over the top and garnish with extra blueberries and strawberries.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on August 8, 2009