Fresh Blueberry Trifle
- 2 cups cubed pound cake, (or use your favorite flavor cake) Add to list
- 1/4 cup brandy or Grand Marnier Add to list
- 2 pints fresh blueberries Add to list
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced Add to list
- 1 cup Florida crystals or other natural cane sugar (divided) Add to list
- 2 cups custard or vanilla pudding Add to list
- 1 cup whipping cream Add to list
Layer half of the cake cubes in a clear bowl, drizzle with half of the brandy. Combine the blueberries and strawberries with 3/4 cup of the Florida crystals and sprinkle half of the fruit over the cake. Top with half of the custard or vanilla pudding. Repeat the layers with cake, brandy, blueberries, strawberries and custard.
Whip the cream with 1/4 cup of sugar. Spread over the top and garnish with extra blueberries and strawberries and edible flowers if you have them!
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on August 8, 2009
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.