Fresh Berry Vinaigrette
Yield: 3/4 to 1 cup
Vinaigrette is, at its heart, simply a balance of vinegar and oil. From there you may add shallots and fresh herbs for a classic take, blend in ripe berries as a bright addition, or add ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil for a bit of an Asian twist. The possibilities are virtually endless and you are only limited by your imagination.
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or your favorite oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, Champagne vinegar or apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 cup ripe strawberries, capped and halved Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste Add to list
- Pinch of clove Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. If it is a little thick, add a splash of orange or pomegranate juice.
Recipe by, PCC Chef