French New Potato Salad with Summer Herb Coulis
Serves: 6 to 8
Summer new potatoes are dressed lightly, and with respect.
- 2 pounds new potatoes, any variety, washed Add to list
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves Add to list
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, stems removed Add to list
- 1 sprig tarragon, leaves stripped and stem discarded Add to list
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup white or sherry wine vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
Optional for serving
Cut potatoes in half or into bite-sized pieces and simmer gently in salted water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
While potatoes are cooking, combine remaining ingredients, except oil, in the bowl of a food processor and process until blended. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a time or two. While the mixture is blending, add oil and process until relatively smooth. Pour over the warm potatoes and toss gently.
Arrange any of the optional ingredients around the perimeter of 4 plates. Place a mound of potato salad in the center of each plate.
Recipe by, PCC Chef