Flourless Chocolate and Pear Cake
Decadent, but easy to prepare, try using perfect local pears from Scott Leach Orchards in Zillah, Wash.
- Spray oil, for pan Add to list
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 3 large eggs, beaten until pale and fluffy Add to list
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted Add to list
- 2 ripe pears – halved, cored and thinly sliced Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Spray a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; spray paper.
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and cinnamon. Add eggs and whisk well. Whisk in cocoa powder until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan and fan pear slices on top. Bake until top has formed a thin crust, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes then transfer to a serving plate.
Each serving: 210cal, 13g fat (8g sat), 75mg chol, 20mg sodium, 24g carb, 3g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef