Filbertines (Hazelnut Cookies)
- 1/2 cup sugar Add to list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts or almonds, divided Add to list
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add 2/3 cup nuts and remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, then remove from refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly flour your hands, scoop out a small portion of dough and roll it into a 1-inch ball. Roll the ball in the remaining nuts until well coated. Place the cookie on a baking sheet. Press it down a little to keep it from rolling off the pan. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »