Fig Yogurt Cake
Incredibly tender and barely sweet, this yogurt cake is the perfect foil for the fresh figs we crave all year. A hint of five spice and orange zest provide a subtle accent to the fruit's complex flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup almond flour Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder Add to list
- 2 teaspoons orange zest Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain or honey whole-milk yogurt Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3 eggs Add to list
- 4 to 6 ripe figs, sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, five-spice powder, zest and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, oil and eggs. Pour wet ingredients into dry, mixing until just combined.Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then invert on a rack over a baking sheet or plate.
Arrange sliced figs on top of the cake. Whisk together honey and orange juice and slowly drizzle over the top.
360 cal, 20g fat (3g sat), 80mg chol, 150mg sodium, 44g carb, 3g fiber, 30g sugars, 6g protein