Fennel and Cranberry Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
A light and refreshing side salad for holiday meals or a relaxed evening at home. Fresh cranberries are paired with fennel, fruit and arugula and topped with pecans and blue cheese.
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 small shallot, finely minced Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced (save some of the fronds for garnish) Add to list
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented Add to list
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves Add to list
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional) Add to list
Place cranberries in a small bowl and toss with sugar; let sit for about 20 minutes.
Combine vinegar, honey, mustard and shallots in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking constantly to make an emulsified dressing. Fold in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Combine cranberries, fennel, pear, orange and arugula on a large serving platter. Gently toss with dressing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans, blue cheese and reserved fennel fronds; serve immediately.
Each serving: 210cal, 15g fat (2g sat), 0mg chol, 180mg sodium, 22g carb, 5g fiber, 2g protein