Fennel and Basil Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles Add to list
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese Add to list
- 4 ounces (1 cup) grated Fontina cheese Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil Add to list
- 1 large leek, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 5 ounces spinach Add to list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 6 ounces basil pesto Add to list
- 2 ounces basil leaves Add to list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Combine ricotta, Fontina, egg, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook leeks and fennel, stirring until soft and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add spinach and wine, cover pan, and allow spinach to wilt, about 5 minutes. Remove lid and season with salt and pepper.
Spread a thin layer of pesto over the bottom of an 8-inch by 12-inch baking dish; top with 3 noodles. Spoon 1/2 of vegetable mixture over noodles and spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture. Place 1/2 the basil leaves over cheese mixture. Top with 3 noodles, a thin layer of pesto and remaining vegetable mixture. Spread 1/2 of remaining ricotta mixture and basil leaves on top. Finish with remaining noodles, pesto and ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover with foil.
Bake in the oven until filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes. Remove foil during last 10 minutes of baking.
Each serving: 450cal, 24g fat (10g sat), 80mg chol, 510mg sodium, 37g carb, 3g fiber, 21g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »