Fava Bean and Artichoke Salad
It takes a lot of favas to make a hill of beans. No kidding! Three pounds of unpeeled favas easily yields less than a pound of edible beans. This is a very attractive, stimulating salad. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds fresh fava beans, peeled Add to list
- 1 can quartered artichokes, or 1 cup fresh Add to list
- 1 ounce sundried tomatoes, soaked in hot water until soft, and cut into strips Add to list
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 to 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Cook beans in boiling water, until soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add beans and mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover, letting flavors marry at least one hour before serving.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »