Fava Bean and Artichoke Salad
It takes a lot of favas to make a hill of beans. No kidding! Three pounds of unpeeled favas easily yields less than a pound of edible beans.
- 3 pounds fresh fava beans, peeled Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichokes, or 1 cup fresh Add to list
- 1 ounce sundried tomatoes, soaked in hot water until soft, and cut into strips Add to list
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 to 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Cook beans in boiling water, until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add beans and mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover, letting flavors marry at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe by, former PCC staff