A Fabu Grilled Cheese Sandwich for Everyone
- Butter or margarine (Spectrum spreads or butter alternatives) Add to list
- 2 slices of bread (spelt bread or any of the many bread alternatives) Add to list
- 1 slice of cheese (rice cheese, or any cheese alternatives) Add to list
- Tomato slices Add to list
- Onion slices Add to list
- Zucchini slices Add to list
Spread butter on one side of bread or substitute. Heat a skillet on medium temperature, place bread buttered side down, place cheese on bread and place other side of bread on cheese with butter side up.
Grill for a few minutes until lightly brown, then flip sandwich over and grill a few more minutes until second side is brown as well. Remove sandwich and serve.
For some nice variety, try adding a few slices or tomato or onion on top of the cheese, or experiment with veggies you like.
Source: PCC Natural Markets Taste of Nations 1999 Cookbook