Ensalada Mixta con Choclo (Peruvian Corn Salad)
This recipe normally would use Alfonso olives, which are native to Latin America. Kalamata olives could be a substitute. Alfonso olives are bigger and meatier. They also don't taste as bitter as a Kalamata and are a lighter color.
- 3 cups corn kernels (use the frozen kind) Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced celery Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper Add to list
- 3/4 cup diced Alfonso or Kalamata olives Add to list
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed or mashed Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or 1/4 cup salsa (either hot or mild) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional) Add to list
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste Add to list
- Salt to taste Add to list
Boil the corn and let it cool. In a bowl, mix all vegetables, olives, feta and garlic. Add the Tabasco sauce and chopped cilantro to mayonnaise and mix. Add to salad. Add just enough olive oil to make the salad moist. Taste for salt.
May be served with any meat or tofu dish.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor