Endive Salad with Bacon, Blue Cheese and Pears
A balance of flavors: sweet pears, creamy blue cheese, salty bacon and bitter endive.
- 3 tablespoons sherry or apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 heads endive, thinly sliced Add to list
- 5 ounces baby arugula Add to list
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled Add to list
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup pistachios Add to list
- 1 pear – halved, cored and thinly sliced Add to list
In a large bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, honey, shallots and garlic. Let sit for 15 minutes to soften shallots and garlic and to infuse flavor. Slowly whisk in olive oil to create an emulsified dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Add endive and arugula to the bowl; toss to coat. Divide salad between 6 plates and sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese, pistachios and sliced pears.
Each serving: 170 cal, 13g fat (3g sat), 10mg chol, 420mg sodium, 12g carb, 2g fiber, 6g sugars, 5g protein