Edamame Sauté with Artichokes
An easy to prepare side dish with bright colors and flavors.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced onion Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 cups shelled edamame Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peppers (piquillo or your favorite variety) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, edamame, artichoke hearts and thyme. Sauté until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer; cook until vegetables are heated through. Stir in peppers, parsley, capers, and lemon zest; cook for 1 minute to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
Each serving: 170cal, 7g fat (0.5g sat), 0mg chol, 340mg sodium, 21g carb, 13g fiber, 4g sugars, 10g protein