Serves: 6 to 8
Energize yourself during the high days of summer with a cooling soup, packed with the season’s freshest vegetables. Cold soups are a delicious way to fill your body with tasty, healthy nutrients. They’re also a great, low-fat way to curb your hunger.
- 3 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced Add to list
- 10 ounces shelled edamame Add to list
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced Add to list
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers Add to list
- 1 cup diced orange or yellow bell peppers Add to list
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions Add to list
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder or chili powder, or to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 3 cups tomato juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar Add to list
In a large glass bowl, place all of the ingredients except tomato juice and vinegar and toss gently to combine. Add tomato juice and vinegar and stir gently to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed before serving.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor