Serves: 3 as a main course, 9 as an appetizer
Serve these bright green fritters as an appetizer, side dish or main course.
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, cooked Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons tamari, plus additional for serving Add to list
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, plus additional for coating Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- High-heat or sesame oil, for frying Add to list
Pulse edamame in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl, and stir in carrots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, chives and cilantro. Mix until blended. Form into 9 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
Carefully roll fritters in additional breadcrumbs to coat the outside, pressing gently as needed. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a sautÃ© pan over medium heat. Fry fritters until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with additional soy sauce for dipping.
Each serving: 210cal, 10g fat (1.5g sat), 70mg chol, 400mg sodium, 21g carb, 4g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »