Edamame Arugula Soup
This bright and zesty soup is so easy to prepare and has a wonderful creamy texture.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 4 cups shelled edamame Add to list
- 4 cups vegetable stock, or more as needed Add to list
- 2 cups packed arugula Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup crumbled fresh chèvre cheese (optional) Add to list
Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and edamame; cook until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add stock; bring to a simmer and cook until edamame is tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in arugula and remove from the heat. Transfer the soup, in batches, to a blender and puree until smooth. Or, use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper and heat through. To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with crumbled fresh chèvre.
Each serving: 190cal, 9g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 310mg sodium, 17g carb, 7g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef