Edamame and Garbanzo Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
An unusual combination of edamame and chickpeas; a salad packed with protein and good enough for a meal.
- 1/4 cup tahini Add to list
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup water, or more as needed Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, cooked Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzos, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
In a large bowl, whisk together tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, garlic, cumin and coriander until smooth. Add more water if necessary, to form a creamy dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add edamame, garbanzos, cucumber, carrot and cilantro; fold together gently. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Each serving: 270cal, 12g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 28g carb, 7g fiber, 4g sugars, 15g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »