Easy Vegan Banana Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
Low-fat but moist and flavorful.
- 1/4 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk, such as rice or almond Add to list
- 6 tablespoons neutral-tasting oil Add to list
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 2 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 medium bananas) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour or all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish, dusting lightly with flour and shaking out the excess.
Blend soy milk, oil, maple syrup, bananas and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add banana mixture and combine, using as few strokes as possible to avoid overmixing. Fold in walnuts.
Scrape into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.