Easy Polenta Toss
A quick, simple, hot breakfast that will wake up your taste buds.
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 4 bell peppers (1 green, 2 red, 1 yellow), medium dice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound pre-cooked polenta roll, cut into half moons Add to list
- 1 package vegetarian breakfast sausage patties, or links, broken into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry red pepper, crushed (optional) Add to list
- 1 can black beans (optional) Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- Your favorite grated cheese (optional) Add to list
In a large frying pan, cook onions and peppers in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add polenta, sausage and crushed pepper and black beans (if using). Gently toss with onions and peppers until polenta and sausage are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Top with grated cheese, if desired. Serve with fruit salad for breakfast or green salad for brunch or dinner.
Recipe by, former PCC staff