Easy-as-Pie Sugar Snap Peas and Red Peppers
This is one of those recipes that needs no real quantities or much direction, other than your own intuition and a few simple ingredients. The color, sweetness and crispy-soft texture of fresh peas and peppers speak loud and clear for themselves, with just a little accent of added flavor.
- 1 teaspoon oil Add to list
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips Add to list
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas, cleaned with stems and excess strings removed Add to list
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, or to taste Add to list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, or to taste Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
In a sauté pan, cook peppers in oil for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on how soft you prefer them. Add snap peas and cook for another minute. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper, then remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Substitute snow pea pods if you cannot find sugar snaps.
Recipe by, former PCC staff