Easy, Delicious Miso Soup
Just as the title implies, this soup couldn't get any easier!
- 1/2 cup chopped onions Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil Add to list
- 4 cups water or stock Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mellow white, barley or brown rice miso Add to list
- 1/2 cup tofu, any type cut into small cubes Add to list
- 4 green onions, sliced very thin Add to list
Sauté onions and carrots in sesame oil in a 2-quart soup pot over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add water or stock and heat to a near boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Dissolve miso in a small amount of soup and return to the pot Add tofu and simmer for about 3 minutes. Serve garnished with green onions.