Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Jerry says this is one of his favorite recipes for a delicious week-night meal. Quick and easy. Serve with
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut in small chunks Add to list
- 1 tablespoon oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced green or red peppers Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 to 3 cans enchilada sauce Add to list
- 1 package of your favorite flour tortillas Add to list
- Grated cheddar cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Heat a good size frying pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil and sauté the onions until they're slightly browned.
Add the peppers and garlic and cook until just heated. Do not overcook the garlic as it will get bitter if burned. Remove this mixture from the pan and set aside.
Reheat the pan and brown the chicken chunks. When browned, add the onion, pepper and garlic mixture along with 1 to 1 1/2 cans of enchilada sauce depending on how saucy (or not so saucy) you want it.
Spoon the chicken mixture onto the tortillas and roll them up. Make sure you fold in the sides as you roll the tortillas so they are sealed on the ends. Place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish.
Pour the remaining 1 to 1 1/2 cans of enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »