PCC East of the Lake Tofu
This is a popular dish offered at PCC Delis, and it’s easy to fix at home.
- 2/3 cup tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup mirin rice wine Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger Add to list
- 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu Add to list
- 4 green onions, cut on the diaganol Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds Add to list
Preheat oven to 300º F.
Combine tamari, mirin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger to make marinade; mix well. Cut tofu in slices, drain well and place in marinade in a baking pan. Turn to coat with marinade.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Flip all pieces and continue to bake an additional 15 to 18 minutes until marinade is absorbed and tofu is brown. Cool. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!