Dried Fruit and Toasted Nut Mix
Yield: 11 cups
This colorful mix is perfect for holiday entertaining or a day on the trail. It's packed with nuts and pumpkin seeds — toasted for a full flavor — and dried fruit like apricots, tart cherries, cranberries and mangoes.
- 1 cup whole almonds Add to list
- 1 cup whole cashews Add to list
- 1 cup walnut halves, broken in half Add to list
- 1 cup pistachio meats Add to list
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1 cup pine nuts Add to list
- 1 cup Duchilly filberts (or other variety of hazelnuts) Add to list
Combine raw nuts on a baking sheet and roast at 300º F for 15 to 20 minutes, until nuts turn golden and fragrant. While they are baking, watch them carefully so they do not burn.
Combine dried fruit in a bowl and mix well. Add roasted nuts and mix until thoroughly combined.
Cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature, or up to 1 month in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe by, former PCC staff