Dried Cherry Compote
Make perfect use of the season's dried fruit in this sauce. It's ideal served as an accompaniment to dark poultry or meats such as pork tenderloin. The rosemary blends surprisingly well with the cherries, but if you prefer, try using fresh thyme.
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallot Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsmic vinegar Add to list
- 3/4 cup dried cherries Add to list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock Add to list
- 1/4 cup fruity white wine (such as Riesling) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tawny port Add to list
Sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add rosemary and vinegar. Reduce liquid to 1 tablespoon. Stir in cherries. Add stock and reduce to 2 tablespoons. Add wine and port. Cook until the mixture resembles thick preserves; adding more stock if necessary. Finish with 2 to 3 tablespoons cold butter, if desired.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »