Double Apple Spice Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Full of autumn flavors.
- 2 cups Alicia’s Gluten-free Flour Blend Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 3/4 cup applesauce Add to list
- 1/3 cup canola oil Add to list
- 3/4 cup soy milk or alternative Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 3/4 cup chopped apples Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a large bowl, combine flour blend, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, oil, soy milk, vanilla and brown sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Let sit 5 minutes.
Gently stir in apples and walnuts, if desired. Line a muffin tin with parchment liners or grease well. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a rack.
Source: Sound Consumer, November 2011