Divalicious Carrot Cake
- 2 cups sugar Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups oil Add to list
- 4 large eggs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill brand) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried nettles Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons best-quality ground cinnamon (best flavor is if you grind it yourself) Add to list
- 1 cup grated parsnip (use the large grater holes for this) Add to list
- 2 cups carrots (also use the large grater holes for this) Add to list
- Powdered sugar and/or cinnamon, for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Generously grease a 9- by 13-inch pan.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and ginger. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (both flours, nettles, baking soda, salt and cinnamon). Lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gently mix in the grated parsnip and carrots.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Serve with Vanilla-Cinnamon Cream and powdered sugar and/or cinnamon.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2012.