Delicious and Easy Vegan Chili
This vegan chili, made with beans, comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 package beef-flavored ground meat substitute Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can zesty flavored vegetarian chili Add to list
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste Add to list
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans or black soy beans, with juice Add to list
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Simmer onions in oil and water until soft. Add ground beef substitute, stirring with a fork to break it up and lightly brown. Add all remaining ingredients. Add water to create desired consistency.
Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.
Recipe by, former PCC staff