Delicious and Easy Vegan Chili
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 package beef-flavored ground meat substitute Add to list
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 can zesty flavored vegetarian chili Add to list
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste Add to list
- 1 can black beans or black soy beans, with juice Add to list
- 3 large cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Simmer onion in oil and water until soft. Add ground beef substitute, stirring with fork to break it up and lightly brown. Add all other ingredients in order given above. Add water to create desired consistency.
Simmer 15 minutes and serve.
Recipe by, former PCC staff