Dark Chocolate Fondue with Orange Zest and Chipotle
Yield: about 2 cups
This silky-smooth blend is fabulous for dipping all your favorite fondue items; it works equally well as a decadent ganache-style sauce for drizzling or as a base for cozy hot chocolate. Poured into pretty jars and tied up with ribbon, it makes a perfect last-minute gift.
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream Add to list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (71% or higher), finely chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons orange zest Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder, or to taste Add to list
In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter; bring to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and add chocolate. Swirl the pan to ensure that all the chocolate is submerged in the cream. Set the pan aside and allow to rest for 7 to 8 minutes. This will melt the chocolate.
Stir the mixture to blend well. Add maple syrup, orange zest, cinnamon and chipotle. Taste for balance and add a little more chipotle if you’re feeling spicy!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on December 15, 2012.