Danish Apple Pancake
Serves: 2 to 4
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sugar Add to list
- 2 eggs, at room temperature Add to list
- 1/2 cup milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting Add to list
Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a 10-inch ovenproof pan or skillet.
In another pan over medium hear, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add apple slices, cinnamon and sugar and sauté, stirring occasionally until apples begin to soften and brown, 5 to 6 minutes; set aside.
In a bowl, beat eggs well with a whisk, add milk, and beat mixture until blended. Sift flour and salt into egg mixture and beat just until blended. Melt remaining two tablespoons of butter, add to flour and egg mixture and beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange apples evenly over batter.
Bake until pancake is browned and puffed up, 25 to 30 minutes. Dust with confectioner's sugar and serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from Williams Sonoma Kitchen
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »