Curried Lentil and Mango Wraps
Top these wraps with our Minted Yogurt Sauce.
- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 cup chopped onions Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 cup red or orange lentils, rinsed Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 1 mango — peeled, pitted and diced Add to list
- 1/4 English cucumber, diced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas, warmed Add to list
Heat oil in a heavy, deep saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, curry and coriander; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Mix in lentils and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Fold in mango, cucumber, cilantro and red onion. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill warmed tortillas with curried lentils, roll and serve.
If you prefer, use frozen, diced mango. Just thaw out 1 cup of it, and chop it a little finer so the chunks aren't too big.
Each serving: 250 cal, 2.5g fat (0g sat),0mg chol, 260mg sodium, 50g carb, 5g fiber, 12g protein