Curried Lentil Mango Wraps
Top these wraps with our Minted Yogurt Sauce.
- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 onion, chopped Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 cup red or orange lentils, rinsed Add to list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock Add to list
- 1 mango — peeled, pitted and diced Add to list
- 1/4 English cucumber, diced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Minted Yogurt Sauce Add to list
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas, warmed Add to list
Heat oil in a heavy, deep saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, curry, red pepper flakes and coriander; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Mix in lentils and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Fold in mango, cucumber and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill warmed tortillas with curried lentils, top with Minted Yogurt Sauce, roll and serve.