Curried Chutney Spread on Crisp Apple Slices
Galas apples are sweet and mild in flavor with a somewhat tender crunch. They’re smaller in size than many apples and since they don’t hold up well when baked, they’re best suited to eat fresh.
Try this sophisticated recipe for curry spread to serve with sliced Gala apple wedges. This appetizer is the perfect complement to fall meals and really highlights the sweetness of the Galas.
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese Add to list
- 2 tablespoons milk Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Indian-style curry paste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chunky fruit chutney Add to list
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped, divided Add to list
- 3 to 4 Gala apples Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
Combine cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese, milk and curry paste in mixing bowl and blend until smooth. Stir in chutney, breaking up larger pieces, and 1/4 cup pecans. Place in a serving dish and garnish with remaining pecans.
Core apples and cut into thin, lengthwise slices. Drop slices into a bowl, add water to cover and stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Drain and dry apple slices. Serve with spread.