Curried Chick Peas and Potatoes
Serves: 4 to 6
Warm Indian spices turn a one-pot meal into something deeply satisfying.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 1 medium red pepper, diced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 28-ounce can garbanzo beans Add to list
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed Add to list
- 3 cups water (enough to cover mixture) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely minced Add to list
In large, heavy stockpot, sauté onion, pepper, minced garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garbanzos and potatoes. Add just enough water to cover everything. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the spices and parsley. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve over basmati rice.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!