Cucumber Mint Raita
Kids can dip all kinds of snacks in this cool and refreshing sauce; pita bread, corn chips, carrots, radishes and snap peas are just the tip of the iceberg!
- 1/2 unpeeled English cucumber, halved and seeded Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Pita wedges, tortilla chips or carrot or bell pepper sticks, for serving (optional) Add to list
Coarsely grate cucumber. Squeeze out moisture with paper towels.
Stir yogurt, mint and spices together in a bowl. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Each serving: 20 cal, 1g fat (0.5g sat), 5mg chol, 170mg sodium, 2g carb, 0g fiber, 1g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe adapted by Marie Donadio and featured in PCC Cooks Kids Cooking Camps.