Cucumber Mint Raita
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour chilling time
- 1/2 unpeeled English cucumber, halved and seeded Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- Tiny pinch cayenne pepper (optional) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Pita wedges, tortilla chips or carrot or bell pepper sticks, for serving (optional) Add to list
Coarsely grate cucumber. Squeeze out moisture with paper towels.
Stir yogurt, mint and spices together in a bowl. Add cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe adapted by Marie Donadio and featured in PCC Cooks Kids Cooking Camps.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »