Crystallized Ginger and Molasses Cookies
Yield: About 24 small cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3/4 cup butter Add to list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar Add to list
- 1/3 cup molasses Add to list
- 1 large egg, beaten Add to list
- 3/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger Add to list
- Turbinado sugar for rolling Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine the flour with the baking soda, spices and salt.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the molasses and the egg and blend well. Add the flour mixture in batches until incorporated evenly. Fold in the crystallized ginger.
Form the cookies into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in the turbinado sugar. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets and flatten them slightly with the bottom of a glass or your fingers.
Bake for about 12 to 13 minutes. Cookies should be soft in the center.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.