Crystallized Ginger and Molasses Cookies
Yield: about 24 small cookies
Chewy ginger-molasses cookies never got so good!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3/4 cup butter Add to list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar Add to list
- 1/3 cup molasses Add to list
- 1 large egg, beaten Add to list
- 3/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger Add to list
- Turbinado sugar, for rolling Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and egg and blend well. Add the flour mixture in batches until incorporated evenly. Fold in crystallized ginger.
Form cookies into 1 1/2-inch balls and roll in turbinado sugar. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets and flatten them slightly with the bottom of a glass or your fingers.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes; cookies should be soft in the center.
Recipe by, PCC Chef