Crumb topping for crisps and crumbles
This recipe accompanies Crisps, Cobblers and Pandowdies — old-fashioned summertime fruit desserts.
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (do not use quick-cooking oats) Add to list
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown, white or unbleached and unrefined) Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened or coconut oil, melted Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
Add all ingredients to a bowl and work mixture through with a fork until well combined. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the fruit base.
Source: Sound Consumer July 2006
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »